In the beautiful Central Park

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

11/2/09 MTC

Hola!
How great to be able to write again. Sorry it is so much later than last week. We had such a busy p-day. We printed out our e-mails this morning and then read them, did laundry, wrote letters, and stuff, and now we are e-mailing right before dinner. For all of you that have written me, your response is in the mail :) Week two at the MTC has for sure been better. The days are very long but the week went by so fast. We have gotten really close as a district. We love our elders. They are so fun and really bring an awesome spirit. L. Tom Perry came for our fireside on tuesday evening. It was of course awesome. We got really good seats and it's just so awesome to be able to sit so close to an apostle of the Lord. What an amazing man he is! So many funny/awesome things have happened this week. We play this game called "Trash-ketball" during some of our spanish lessons. The elders get pretty into it. So we played this week and Elder Origer was a little too intense, stepped on me with his man boots and ripped my nylons.... not good! It was pretty funny though! Another funny moment, we were practicing in class using the 'nosotros' form (the we form) and saying random things. I was talking for myself and my teacher, brother Huber, and said, in spanish of course, "We are sad" and my comp asked, "why are you sad?" I said, "Because we are casada"... Bro Hubuer just started laughing so hard and we were like, what in the world is so funny? I was meaning to say, because we are tired... which is consada... but instead I said, because we are married, which is casada... good times. By the way, my teacher looks like Josh Hartnett... ha ha. Thought Brian would appreciate that one :) Hermana Sanders got her travel plans and leaves next week. I am so sad to see her go! I don't know what I am going to do without her! We get along so well, I think I am spoiled and I won't get a companera like her ever again! Unless it's Shanelle! We have started giving the elders nicknames which is good times. Elder Petersen is 19 and just a really sharp elder, but one of the most sarcastic people I've met. His nickname is Delfin Muchacho. We were talking about how I have swam with dolphins and he made fun of me... but he likes dolphins too. After typing this I am realizing that that probably isn't that funny to anyone reading it, but it's funny to our district. Sorry for the inside jokes. Ha ha. We had our first teaching practice in the TRC. We had to meet and greet people in spanish, testify and make an appt to come back to see them. Then we taugh the 1st lesson. The spanish was rough! But the lesson went great! I LOVE teaching! Especially the first lesson! It is so great! We also got to go to the Referal Center and talk to real people. It's way fun donig the chat, because we chat with people that get on mormon.org. I talked to a lady on the phone who called in for a Book of Mormon. She was awesome! She just got off drugs and said it was all because of the grace of God. She was excited for the missionaries to come over. I hope it all works out. I met some elders going to France and they bore their testimonies in French. It was cool because I understood most of what they were saying. Testimony meeting yesterday was really good, I pretty much understood everyone, that is probably because one of the first things they teach you is how to bear testimony. I love singing in spanish! I really have no clue what I am saying but the hymns are so powerful. This week has been full of spiritual experiences. My testimony of the restoration and Joseph Smith have really grown a lot this week. I am so grateful that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that he would once again restore the gospel on the earth. It is so amazing that we have it now! Doesn't it just make you want to go out and share? Man I love it! Now to end with a funny story. My comp and I wake up around 5:50 am so that we can get a warm shower without waiting in line. I am pretty out of it when I get in the shower, esp when I walk in the bathroom, because the lights are just so bright. The other day I was walking in the bathroom and walked next to this automatic air freshener thing and it sprayed me right in the eye! Talk about a wake up call, it took me forever to figure out what had even happened. It was so funny! Thank you all for the letters and love! I can't tell you how much letters help me. And anyone can e-mail me, but make sure you put your address because I can only e-mail my family back! This week has been so much better! The spanish still boggles my mind but I try not to stress about it too much! Love you all!Love, Hermana Passantino
PS: If anyone feels the need to send me anything... I could always use some popcorn, stamps, hair spray, and lotion :)
PPS: For my Utah and/or Idaho friends, could someone go to a distribution center and see if they have True to the Faith in spanish? I need it way bad!
Gracias!




Note - Don't forget to leave comments and we will send them to Melissa in our letters!!!

1 comment:

Diannah said...

Hey Miss!
I just wanted to say I am soooo sooo proud of you! It sounds like you are doing well and I know that you will progress with the language as time goes on. I hope you always remember what you have done for me by being my missionary! You are amazing. Stay positive and remember not to be so hard on yourself!

Love always,
Diannah!