In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Knock! Doorbell Don't Work....

The subject line was a sign we saw on someones door and I thought it was funny. Welcome to the Bronx. Ha ha. Well, this week has been a true struggle for me, as my family already knows. I am working my hardest to get through this hard time and I am confident that I will be able to make it through. New York really is a whole new world. If someone is mad because they got called to NY and not a different country then they are in for a big surprise because NY is a different country. Pretty much every person I meet is from Central or South America. There are A LOT of people from the Dominican Republic and if I thought regular Spanish was hard to understand I was in for a big treat while trying to understand Dominicans. It's crazy! We have a couple families that we are teaching and are hoping to get some baptisms in the next couple of months. A lot of people are looking for the truth that is for sure. Our ward here is really strong and treat the missionaries well, now if only I could understand what they were saying. Ha ha. I would appreciate your prayers for the work in NY and in wherever you are living. President Hinckley said, "It will be a great day when our people not only pray for the missionaries throughout the world but ask the Lord to help them assist the missionaries who are laboring in their own ward." Helping your missionaries will bring so many blessings. NY is FREEZING! I now understand what they mean when they say that the cold here goes through all your layers and into your bones. It is crazy! Two winters here is going to be interesting. Thank you all for your love and support. I LOVE hearing from you!
Love, Hermana Passantino
PS: Random note, the Ambassador of New Guinea is coming to the temple on Friday and my companion is singing for him so we get to go meet him! Pretty cool!
PPS: These computers don't let me upload pictures. Sorry :(

No comments: