In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Week Under My Belt

Hello to All!
Sorry if this is short but the computers here are timed, I feel like I am back at the MTC. This week has been difficult for me. I have tried so hard to put myself into the work, and I have, but as usual, new situations effect me pretty bad but I am continuing to move forward. It is nice to know I have one week under my belt but I still feel like I don't know anything. Church was rough because I didn't understand ANYTHING but the members are nice, they just speak to me and I look at them with a blank stare and hope they understand that I did not understand a thing they said. The bishop is really getting the ward excited about missionary work which will be great! It seems to be a pretty strong ward so that is good. We have a couple of investigators that we are hoping will get baptized soon, a couple of families which is great. The hardest thing is getting people to church because everything is just so spread out and no one really understands the purpose of going to church every week. We have a member family that lives in the poorest zip code in the US, Mot Haven. They live in the projects there and it is so sad to see their circumstances and makes me blesses for what I have. Today we got to go to the temple which was really nice, it is right in Manhattan and so it was cool to go down there. As a Spanish speaking sister I will never really be in that area, it is SO different than the Bronx. It was fun to be able to see the New York that you think of when you think of the city. I hope to hear from everyone soon. Please keep me in your prayers. Love you all!
Hermana Passantino

3 comments:

Ashley Ysasaga said...

Hermana,
You just keep on keeping on. I remember something President Brown has said to us before-- "You Can Do Hard Things." I love you, I look up to you, and I know the Lord is with you!
Ashley

Camille said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Camille said...

Sounds like you're doing great things! Hope you are well, and I miss you. Even when you're having a bad day, remember all the amazing ones you've had and will have in the future. I'll try and write you a letter soon!

-Camille