In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

On the Bronx...

Well, I feel like I just wrote an email, this week just went so fast. I don't have a lot of fun updates this week, we've just been working hard and getting stuff done. We are still trying hard to work us this area. It has been getting harder and harder to keep it going. Probably because I've been here for so long... ha ha. Transfers are next week. I chatted with President a bit yesterday about transfers. He is not sure if he is going to move me or not. I told him that I'll go wherever the Lord wants me. Leaving here would be bitter sweet I think. There are so many things that I want to see this next cycle but at the same time, change would be a good thing. So whatever happens, happens.

I was able to finish reading the Book of Mormon on Sunday. I am so grateful to have that book of scripture in my life. We can learn so much from it. I know without a doubt that it really is the word of God.

Funny story: The other day we were inside for lunch and I went to go sit on the balcony and read during our lunch break. Sis. Child was in our room taking a rest and I locked myself out on the balcony. I had to sit out there and wait for her to wake up because she couldn't hear me yelling or banging on the door. I am pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy but then again, I might just blend into the rest of the Bronx. So I was stuck out there forever because Sis. Child fell asleep and I was supposed to wake her up. Ok, so that story wasn't really funny now that I write it out but it was funny at the moment. Moving on...

I guess I am struggling for things to write this week. Nothing too exciting is happening. Last week for P-day we played Soccer and Sister Childs elbow went into Elder Spencers tooth. It was a pretty deep cut and it bled for like 6 hours... that was fun. It was bleeding all through the rest of the day... so that was exciting.

We are teaching some really cool people. This one Lady, Belkiz, is so cool. She actually had been to church before in the D.R. when she was really young. She has two young sons and we love teaching them. She loves the Book of Mormon already and she is progressing. She is so cool and we found her tracting... who knew? Ha ha

Well, I guess I will sign off for the week. I love you all! Thanks for your prayers and support! Remember to always help the missionaries in your area, they need the members love and help!

1 comment:

Megs said...

Hopefully Hermana Childs doesn't get rabies ;)

And I think your 'locked out' story is way funny!

<3 Megs