In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My McMillan is leaving me!!!!!

Good Morning! I think this is the earliest I've emailed on my mission but we have to get things done because my dear Sis. McMillan is leaving me today to go home! I am so sad slash excited for her. I can't believe the time has already come. That also means that Sis. Walker, my trainer, is leaving as well. It feels so weird to have such important people to me leave but I know that when the mission ends, there are new and exciting things for them. (I know that is easier for me to say as I still have a good chunk left on my mission, ha ha)
Today I will be heading to Connecticut to be companions with Sister Baxter for about a week. I am so excited to go be in a CAR! With trees and stuff! It will be such a change from being in the city! We'll be in her area for about 3 days and then head back to my area for the end of it. Transfers are next Tuesday so we will be getting our companions that day and I'll be off again working in this area. We'll see what the future holds. Next week P-day will be on Thursday so we can go to the Thanksgiving Day Parade! Look for me on TV! Ha ha, it should be pretty cool. All I remember from it when we went a LONG time ago was sitting on my dads shoulders trying to see over the billions of people... I guess this time will be a little different but it should be good! I have no clue what else we'll be doing for thanksgiving but I assume that we'll eat some sort of Dominican meal... let's just say I can't wait for my family cooking next year! Ha ha!
This last week has been great! LEWIS WAS BAPTIZED! It was so awesome! He seemed so happy and I was so happy to see him make that convent with Heavenly Father. The blessings we receive when we make covenants and keep them just amaze me! Our Heavenly Father wants to bless us so bad.. we just have to take that step! Random funny note: A member wanted to sing at the baptism and asked me to sing with her... then she didn't show up... so I made the elders sing with me. Ha ha, as a missionary you really learn to improvise.
We had another mission training on Monday which was of course amazing. I just love those! We talked about extending commitments. I just love Pres. Smith and how he is directed by the spirit. I know without a doubt that he was called to be a mission president here by our Heavenly Father! I love him and the service he gives each of us missionaries. He has so much confidence in us!
I am continuing to love serving as a missionary. Sometimes I forget what life was like before the mission and I can't even imagine my life without this chance I have to serve. It is so wonderful! Thanks for all the prayers for me but remember to help the missionaries that are near you as well, they sure would love it! I love you all! Happy early thanksgiving!
Con Amor- Hermana Passantino
PS: family... have fun in SPAIN!

No comments: