In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bit by the Bronx Bugs Again

Yes, it's true... the Bronx Bug is out to get me. Well, I don't know what kind of bug it is but every morning I wake up with about 10 new bug bites which is always annoying. We believe it might be bed bugs but we never see them. Which brings me to something I don't want to forget... we may be moving to a new place in the Bronx soon. (The senior missionary couple here is NOT happy with the conditions of our apartment, it's pretty ghetto) So, don't send stuff to the apt anymore, just send it to the mission office and I get that mail once a week. So yes, make sure to take that address off the blog and I will update you more on the situtaion when I find out. This week has been really good! Santos was baptized yesterday! Woo hoo!!! Hno. Cerda, a member from Chile, baptized him and when Santos went down in the water Hno. Cerda slipped and almost baptized himself. Ha ha, it was funny, but Santos went all the way under and it worked out well. Santos' friend Luis is next! He just needs to attend institute a couple more times. We have so much success here, it's wonderful. Today for P-day we went back to the museum of Natural History for an elders in my district birthday. I finally got a New York hot dog which was wonderful! Don't worry, I took pictures. We have had A LOT of snow and my boots have been constantly wet which never is a good time but oh well, I shall survive. We still are working like crazy! For some reason I am always getting sick here. I feel like I haven't been super healthy since I got to NY. Monday I came home from mission conference and threw up 3 times. FUN! But I was fine the next day. Speaking of mission conference, it was amazing! I love it and was really inspired. I love President and Sister Smith! I was also able to see Sister Baxter which always makes my day! Well, I love you all! Thanks for all you do for me and the Lord. I know that as we serve Him more our lives will always be filled with joy!
Love Hermana Passantino
PS: Yesterday we did an activity for the youth and it was awesome. I love working with the youth. I realized that no matter where you grow up, whether it's Chico or the Bronx, the tools Heavenly Father has given us work the same (Scriptures, prayer, etc.) We just need to USE them!

1 comment:

Bowles Family said...

I love working the youth too. I remember this one YW...she was (is) awesome. :)