In the beautiful Central Park

Friday, February 5, 2010

Ya Tu Sabes

Yes, some more Dominican slang as my subject line:) Well, I survived my first cycle. Who would have guessed? Ha ha, it went by fast but at the same time not very fast. I had my first transfer meeting today because I didn't go to the transfer meeting my first day. It was interesting and we got another set of missionaries for my ward! It will be awesome! We have a baptism of a man named Santos on the 16th so I hope that sticks. It has been great to see the members really get to know him and accept him into the ward. I hope I stay here for a while because I really like it. Some highlights from this week...Sister Walker got so sick. She got hit by the stomach flu worse than I've ever seen! She was out for a couple days. Our district leader also got it and he had to go to the hospital. Luckily I am just fine and we'll hope it stays that way! This Sunday we had the confirmation of Jarynet and Jordan! It was awesome and so exciting! It been getting really cold again which I am never a fan of but oh well, one day I am sure I will be wanting it to be cold when it's all hot and humid. One exciting thing that happened this week is that we got caught in the middle of a bloods vs. crypts argument. Don't worry mom and dad, I prayed real hard and we were just fine but it was something to write in my journal for sure. And to think I was scared of the gangsters I taught in Utah... ha ha.
This week I've really focused my studies on the Savior. I believe that the more we know him, the stronger desire we'll have to serve in whatever way we can. He really is our example.
I hope all is well with everyone. Again, thank you for your love, prayers, and letters :) Please remember to pray for the work in your area, our biggest help is the members!
Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: