In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm dreaming of a white... Valentines Day???

It is snowing like CRAZY here in the big apple! I can't believe all the snow. School was canceled YESTERDAY before the snow even hit because the storm was supposed to be so big. It was supposed to snow on Saturday but then NOTHING happened so we didn't believe anyone... until this morning when I had to push my Bronx cart through 6 inches of snow to get my laundry done. Ha ha. It is very interesting... I'm just glad I don't have to drive in it.
Well, last week was a very good first week of the cycle. We have been able to teach a lot of beat our goal of how many lessons we wanted last week! We never really do very much contacting because we are constantly in lessons. The most contacting we do is on the bus or while walking to an appt. Almost all of our new investigators are from members. We have even reached the point of almost being a little frustrated when we get someone new because we have such a hard time fitting them in. But not to worry, this is the Lords work and He really helps us fit everything in. Needless to say, we are totally pooped by the time we get home at night.
So weird food update... we went to a members house (the same member who fed us stomach) and they had heard that Sister Walker was sick. He made us drink this weird concoction of garlic, honey, onions and relish... it was SO gross... it had been like, sitting in the fridge forever and then we had to take a shot of it and then drink pure lime juice after. They swear they NEVER get sick because they drink it every day. Yum. Ha ha. Good times.
So, Santos is getting baptized next Tuesday! We are so excited! There is so much work to be done here in the Bronx! I am trying to think of some other things that have happened this week. Nothing too out of the ordinary. I am staying warm and wishing warm weather will come soon.
I have been able to study a lot of the book, Jesus the Christ, this last week and it is so amazing. I am so grateful for our Savior and His sacrifice. This life would mean nothing without Him. I know that He lives and loves us and the plan is so perfect for us. How can we not follow it? I love this gospel!

Thanks to everyone for love, support and letters! Have a wonderful Valentines Day! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love, Sister Passantino
PS: Many have asked about how Spanish is going. It is ok. I got really frustrated with it on Sunday but since them I feel it coming a little more easily. It's really slowly but surely. One day I won't despise this language. Ha ha

No comments: