In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hello From the Upper East Side!

Yes, it is true. Just a shout out to all my friends who love Gossip Girl... I am currently emailing from the Upper East Side. I feel totally out of place but it is fun to walk around and see all the "rich people stuff". We had to come down to Manhattan today for a doctors appointment for Sister Child so we've been having some fun. We walked around Central Park and got to see all the famous places. It was a blast. I love Sister Child, we just get along so well! We also got some cupcakes from Crumbs and so we are just happy campers. Now, the weather is a different story. It is hot and humid and I am pretty sure I am a walking sweat ball. I am sure you can imagine how my hair looks in this weather. Ha ha. I am SO grateful Sister Smith said we could wear sandals and no nylons. Thank goodness! They weather is a bit nuts-o here but it's fun!

This week has been a good one full of appointments (believe me, when your days are filled with appointments it is a GOOD week!) We have a baptism this Saturday of a little girl names Mayeli. She is 8 and her older sisters and grandma are all members. She is so cute and way excited for baptism. We are also have China's baptism next week. She is amazing and I can't wait for her to get baptized!

We have been working hard trying to get missionary work started in Co-Op city but it has proven to be hard. We got kicked out of a shopping center by police for handing out free DVD's haha. They have a lot of rules there. We'll keep working though. Heavenly Father will open a way.

This last week was stake conference and it was awesome! We had Elder Ringwood from the Seventy come and it was great! We also got to go to the fireside he did for the youth because we brought Marlon. I am always amazed at how strong the spirit is when all the Youth are gathered. It is amazing. Being able to be in that room with the youth of the church just gave me that boost I needed to keep going. I am so grateful to have valiant youth around here. Believe me, it is so hard for them but they work hard and I love it. The spirit is so strong! We were able to chat with Elder Ringwood after which of course was amazing as well. How lucky we are to have servants of the Lord come visit here!

All and all this week has been great. I am so grateful for all the love and support I have! Thanks for all you all do! Be strong and of good courage :)

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

PS: Pick up line of the week... I was teaching English class (to a whole ONE person) and he says, "How do you say, You have beautiful eyes" (He said that in Spanish) ugh... as he stares at me in the eyes.... ooooohhhhh boy! Ha ha, I just laughed and changed the subject. I am so happy we have companions that are with us all the time!

No comments: