In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rosetta Stone Is Pretty Sweet!

Hello to all! I hope everyone is doing well and staying cool. Well, I don't know if it is warm where you all are but it sure is warm here. I now understand the whole "humidity" thing here, it is nuts! It is so humid and hot and sleeping has presented a problem once again in our "oven" room. We'll survive though... at least we have fans blowing hot air on us. Last night an elder told us to put our hands and feet in freezing cold water until we couldn't stand it and then go to bed. It actually worked... Sister Child and I looked very silly with just our hands and feet in the bathtub with cold water but we weren't as hot... why it works... I have no clue, maybe it's just a mind thing.

This week has been so good. We had a baptism on Saturday of Nayeli Santos. She is so cute and we are now trying to work with her parents too. We'll see how that goes. We also have a baptism this Saturday! We are so excited for China and her testimony. It will be an awesome baptism. The Lord has really blessed this area.

Speaking of this area, transfers are next week. I can't even believe we have another cycle down... where is time going? I am really hoping that I DON'T get transferred. I want at least one more cycle with Sister Child in this area. I am hoping we just stay the same. Sister Wadsworth, a Sister we live with is going home this cycle and I am so sad. I love her to death and she is such an amazing example for me. Family, don't be surprised if she calls you to say hello for me. She is awesome!

This week I was taught how to make tostones, my favorite Spanish food so far. Sister CHild and I tried and failed but now we have been taught and we are getting better, they are so yummy! YUM! Now I can make some for the fam one day! Orianet taught us and that night we had a good FHE with their family. We were talking about Joseph Smith and translating the Gold Plates. We asked Jordan how Joseph Smith was able to translate them and he said, "Well, I don't know, he must have used Rosetta Stone!" Ha ha, he was kidding of course but we all laughed for a long time!

As I said before, things here are great! I am still loving missionary work and all the craziness that goes along with it! The summer time brings out some interesting things! I am enjoying the fact that I can wear sandals and having fun all at the same time... even when there is a freak downpour in the middle of the afternoon!

I'm off to get ready to play volleyball for P-day! Love you all! Stay strong and go do missionary work! We need members help!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: