In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hello from the Humidity

Hello to all! It is a nice HUMID day here in the City.... and my hair is NOT enjoying it. Ha ha, we all know how poofy it gets, nothing seems to help, but I am starting to live with it :) You would think after a year I should be used to it right? Ha ha, got to love the weather in NY. It is kind of weird, like it has been chilly but now it is warming up again. I don't get it... it must be global warming or something :) Ha ha, just kidding! Speaking of politics, it is SO weird to not know what in the world is going on in the world! I feel so left out but it's kind of nice at the same time, I have a feeling I would be angry if I did know :)

Things here in Inwood are going well. Sadly, Lewis's baptism isn't going to go through this weekend. For some reason our baptisms just keep falling through, it is frustrating but we are trying to put our trust in the Lord. We will have a couple of REALLY good days and be way pumped and then the end of the week comes and everything seems to fall apart. But that's ok, this is the Lords work and we just keep doing our best and everything will come out the way it needs to!

On Saturday we had a district "hunt". To celebrate the opening of hunting season, Sis. McMillan and I put together a NYC hunting game for the elders and then went on a "people hunt" aka a district blitz to find new investigators. We bought little pop guns and rats and had the elders "hunt" the rats... the winner got a prize :) Then we went tracting and found a couple of potentials. It was fun, sometimes you just gotta make the mundane more fun and then people are happy and when you are happy you find success! Things are always better when you are happy!

We had Stake Conference this last weekend. It was so good! It was all about missionary work which of course I loved. They had a young man that just returned speak and they also had some moms speak. Pres and Sis Smith were there and also spoke. The spirit was so strong and it was so great to be there. I am happy that I have the chance to serve in the NY NY stake, it is great and the Stake Presidency is amazing! I really like it here!

Inwood continues to be an adventure every day! Sis. McMillan and I work so hard. By the end of the day my feet just throb but it's a good thing, because I sleep great and things just are good when you are working the hardest you can! I can see miracles in this area just right on the edge... they are coming as long as we do our part!

I don't have much more to update on. I miss you all a lot but I am happy to be here. I know without a doubt this is where the Lord wants me. Thanks for your prayers and please know I pray for all of you all the time!

The church is true! Never forget it! Remember to live it!

Con amor- Hermana Passantino

PS: Happy Halloween to everyone! We are going to have ward party and I am sure everyone will be happy to know that I will be going as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter... it is the only thing I could come up with that makes me still look like a missionary :) Pictures to come!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Melissa was one of my EFY counselors last year and I found out that my cousin, named Melissa, is going to be serving in the North New York, New York mission. She is leaving for the MTC in January and I just thought it would be cool if they somehow met or became companions.