In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Bronx Got A Litte Taste of Passantino Again...

Hello!
Well, I am here emailing hardly being able to keep my eyes open because I am so tired. I just got back from a split in the Bronx! That's right! I got to go back for 24 hours and it was WONDERFUL! There was a family that Sis. Child and I had taught but then some things happened in their personal lives that they didn't get to see them after I left. Anyway, President knew about them and felt really strongly that Sis. Child and I go and teach them one last time. So, I got to go to the Bronx and teach them with Sis. Child. It went really well and we had a blast! I also got to see the Zamoras AND China and Roman. Perfect timing too because China had her baby! Little Gia was born last Thursday and so I got to see her! It was so cool! It's weird to think that when I first met China she was not even a month prego and now little Gia is here. She is beautiful! The split was wonderful and it made me realize how much I miss the Bronx. At the same time, I know I am supposed to be here with things to do so I feel comfort in that. It was so fun to go back and talk to some of my recent converts and stuff. It was just great! Of course, Sis. Child and I had a BLAST together. I just love her so much! We stayed up too late talking but what's new... we love to talk. I am so glad I can make so many best friends here! Today we went to Target to switch back and we got to see Elder Hellberg and his comp which was just wonderful! I love seeing old friends! The mission is so awesome!
This last week has been good with the highlight being CONFERENCE! Oh man it was awesome! Mildred came to two sessions and loved it! How great it is to hear from servants of the Lord!!! Elder Hollands talk got me right from the start. The spirit was so strong and I couldn't help but feel an immense gratitude for my family, especially my parents! Wow, I am just so blessed. I was crying (along with the rest of my district) I guess that one just hit missionaries ya know! I also loved loved loved Elder Oaks talk on the personal line and the priesthood line. He put it so clearly, as a missionary who has to teach that sort of thing often, it was a great help. And I think my most favorite talk was President Monsons on gratitude. It was so awesome! I loved when he said, something to the effect of, "when we walk with gratitude, we touch heaven" Wow... I just love conference and was so sad when it ended.... I don't want to wait 6 more months! Ha ha!
It has been a rainy week for us and we actually have gotten cold... I guess fall is finally here! I am kind of excited since I was getting a little sick of being a gross ball of sweat everywhere I went... now I just get to look silly in a million different layers! But I love it! Transfers are coming up next week... AHHH! I can't even believe it. Sis. McMillan and I are pretty sure we will be staying. It will be her last cycle! I am so sad and don't want her to leave but she is not trunky at all and is such a hard worker!
We are still working on finding some solid new investigators. We have SO many people so close to baptism I can taste it! Oh man! I love it! I am happy and doing well! Thanks for all that you out there do for me and for the missionaries where you are! There is nothing better than a good friend while you are out in this unknown place serving. I love the members here! And I love you all! Have an amazing week!
Love, Hermana Passantino

No comments: