In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Feel So Ritzy!

Hello to all! I am emailing from the Upper East Side of New York City today, not only that, but I am using our new cell phones to make all my "important" phone calls. You know, the new cell phones that missionaries got here :) They are like really really fancy phones, so I totally fit in in this New York City lifestyle, except for the fact that I am wearing a 5 dollar Old Navy skirt... haha, that doesn't fit in so much. HA HA HA! Ok totally kidding, I don't fit in in this crazy part of the city, but I am here... we found this library after a stroll in central park. And we DID get new cell phones and they are so fancy. I think I have been using the brick we call a cell phone for so long that I forgot what nice cell phones are. It even has a camera... high class, I know. Ha ha, but it was exciting. All the missionaries are enjoying them, it's like Christmas!

This week has been a whole bunch of ups and downs, but it has been wonderful. SIs. McMillan and I were so excited to start a new cycle off. We had all these plans and then woke up Thursday morning sick. Sis. McMillan had an AWFUL cold and I had the flu, we were a pair to be seen let me tell ya, we still worked and I'm pretty sure everyone thinks we are crazy, we were determined to make it a good start of the cycle. Luckily we are feeling much better and things are going great!

Lewis came to church on Sunday and LOVED IT! It was SOOO exciting. We had the Primary Program so I think he was a little confused at first but he felt the spirit so strong and told us that the spirit confirmed to him that this was right and that is where he needed to be! He is so excited to be baptized! I can't wait! This will be the first baptism I've seen from tracting! Crazy!

We have found a couple of really good new investigators that are so prepared! I love it! I feel like things are finally starting to come together in this area. Here is a fun story, the other night we had an open spot in our plans that we decided to do "inspired tracting" We got on our knees and prayed to know where to go. We both got the impression to go to a former investigators house. We went there and they were not home, but we both felt we needed to be there so we just started talking to everyone who walked in. We were still trying to figure out what we were doing there so we decided to pray again. As I started praying some guy started singing from his apartment building and Sis. McMillan said, "That's our answer, let's go to his door!" We knocked on that door and the 3 doors next to it and got return appointments from each one. Then as we were leaving we talked to a family who also gave us a return appointment. I don't know what will come of it but I know we were lead there. We may find someone prepared, or we may just be getting practice on following promptings of the spirit. Either way, we loved it and we were reminded that things like that SHOULD happen all the time as missionaries, we just need to listen. It was a great lesson for us both!

We had a wonderful training from President Smith yesterday. Each month we are receiving trainings for the new curriculum for missionary work. It is once again, amazing to be with so many missionaries (two different zones) and feel of the spirit there. I learn and I am taught so much. I love being a missionary. It is so weird to think that tomorrow is my one year mark. I am not sure where the time has gone! I am determined to work harder and to do my best. I can't think of life without my mission, every day I thank Heavenly Father for the opportunity I have to serve! How lucky I am!

Today we were able to go to the temple. It was wonderful! It was full of missionaries and of course the spirit was so strong. My thoughts were brought to my little brother who is flying to Argentina. I am so proud of him! I miss my family so much. Thinking of the fact that I haven't seen them for a year breaks my heart but I felt so close to each and every one of them today. I love the temple. I feel so close to family and it just feels like home :) I was able to be there with Sis. Child too which is just wonderful! We actually share an area (she covers a singles ward in English for my area) so that is a blast because I get to see her more!

I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for all your love and support. All my emails today made me so happy! I love you all!

Love, Hermana Passantino

No comments: