In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Winter has FOR SURE hit New York and I am just turning into a little icicle! I forgot all about the weather here in the winter, for some reason I feel like it is even colder here on Manhattan Island but I could just be a little bit crazy... yeah, that is probably it! Ha ha, but life is good besides the weather. I am still loving every moment of my mission, even the hard parts, that is where you learn the most anyway!
Hna. Anderson and I have had a good week. We have been doing A LOT of contacting and have ventured into some areas of the area that I have never really been before. That turned out to be an interesting experience and let's just say, we are probably not going to go back over there again. I now understand why they don't go there, it was mainly full of english people anyway. I even found a door with a sticker that said, "No Jehovah's Witnesses please" I took that to mean that they were fine with me knocking... but they weren't home. We have been coming home so tired and just ready to sleep (which I have been doing very well lately thank you very much!)
We have had some disappointments as we are out teaching and having people be so cold to the message that we bring. I have found that it is not so much people being grumpy about it but mainly them just NOT caring about it at all. The general attitude is that as long as we are seeking God we are fine, you can imagine how frustrating that can be but that is probably the biggest thing I struggle with. I continue to try to find ways to help them feel of the urgency but it is the spirit that is going to touch them. It is true that we really need to find those that are prepared to hear the gospel. It is so important and yet so many people don't know that. I am grateful I get to have the chance to let them know, even if they do reject me. The other day I was talking with one of the elders about loving the people. I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve around these people because I really do love each of them. I want to so badly for them to accept this message and I want to bring it to them in the best way I can. So, I continue to work and try the best I can, luckily the spirit does the teaching!!
We got to go to a Christmas concert down in the Lincoln Center Chapel on Saturday night put on by the stake. I am always amazed at this stake and the talent that is here. It was so good! There was all different types of musical performances and it was just great! It was different being in an "english" type of church service but it was great and Mildred came along with us.
The Christmas Devotional was also amazing! We watched it in spanish and I just kept thinking back to how last year I would have had NO clue what was going on, but I actually took notes... not too shabby. Ha ha, but it was wonderful! It always puts me in the Christmas mood.
Yesterday we had another mission training with President Smith. It was of course wonderful and once again got me pumped to go try all the new things we learn. President asked me to speak at this mission training so I was really nervous but I guess it went ok. He asked me to speak about happiness that comes from obedience. I hope I didn't offend any of the missionaries that are not obedient but I said what I felt like I needed to. It has been something on my mind a lot lately, just as far as the happiness and miracles we could see if we were obedient. It's pretty cool. We ask our investigators to show a little faith and hold off of that instant gratification so that they can see blessings, but we are asked to do the same thing! Anyway, it was good and a cool experience.
I hope all are doing well. Things are great here! Thanks for all your love and support! Have an amazing week!
Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: