In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feliz Navidad!

I can not believe it is almost Christmas, and let me tell you, it's the most wonderful time of the year! Ha ha, I love this time, especially as a missionary. It just makes you want to get out there even more and tell people about Jesus Christ. I have been reflecting a lot on what I have learned the past year. As I woke up this morning, I realized it was exactly one year ago that I was flying to New York City, I found out I was going to the Bronx and I was put in a van and driven to my area. The missionaries there all greeted me at the chapel with the other new missionaries and I remember meeting Bishop Zamora. He welcomed me and then asked me about my Spanish, I am pretty sure that is when the panic set in, ha ha. But I still can not believe that was one year ago today. Time has flown by and I am so grateful for this last year that I have had. I feel as if I have grown closer to my Savior in every way possible. I am so grateful for the miracle of his birth and for his ministry here on the earth. I know that he lives and that because of him, we are all able to receive ALL the blessings of eternal life and exaltation.
This week has been a very busy one but a WONDERFUL one! Let's see, where to even begin....oh I know. Thursday we came to the church to eat lunch and an episode of Law and Order was being filmed right outside. They were using the church as a place where the actors can go and use the bathroom or just a warm place to stay. I have never watched Law and Order but I want to find that episode one day and say that I watched them film it outside the church. It is one of the first like "new yorker filming" things I've seen here so I acted excited, although it would be cooler if I knew who the people were!
On Friday we did a zone blitz in our area. I am pretty sure it went great. Hna. Anderson and I did a little training on "finding by the spirit" so that we could all work hard and find new investigators. It seems that we find a lot of people but no one that really wants to do anything. But it was fun and a good blitz. We made hot chocolate for everyone afterwards. I am pretty sure every burned their tongues on it though... woops.
Saturday was Mildreds baptism and it was AMAZING! I was so happy to see her baptized. The spirit was very strong and I just knew that this decision is was going to bless her so much! I got to see Maribel and that was awesome as well. It was just amazing to see the gospel bring families together. I can't believe it was almost a year ago that I met Maribel and started teaching her and then I got to help with her mom. I love the mission, we are allowed to have the COOLEST experiences... it is just wonderful! Her confirmation was also great and the spirit was strong. I love her so much and I was just overfilled with joy at her baptism. The church is true!!!!
I am getting excited for Christmas. Christmas eve there is going to be a baptism in the ward! This man just showed up at church and had been investigating the church for 10 years and wants to get baptized this week! We actually thought he lived in our area but after his baptismal interview yesterday we found out it is in the elders area, but it's a Christmas miracle nonetheless so we are excited. We are also going to bake cookies and bring them around to different people we visit. Then that night we are going to be Christmas caroling so I am so excited! Then on Christmas we will be traveling to Scarsdale to have a big Christmas dinner and program. I got put in charge of the musical number our zone is doing (why they put me in charge I will never know) We are singing "What Child is This) and it actually sounds pretty good so I am excited! And then I get to talk to my family! I can not wait! This is going to be an amazing week! I love Christmas and I love all of you! Thanks for all the love I feel from you every day! Have a very Merry Christmas and don't forget to remember Christ in it! He's the whole reason I'm out here :) Love you all!
Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: