In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another Snowy Day in NYC!

Hello again from NYC!
It is snowing like crazy... I swear there is more snow this winter than last. Luckily, this year I have some good snow boots so I am staying A LOT more dry than last year. Last year I had to put plastic bags on my feet, ghetto I know! But yeah, we have been super cold here the last week! (Gosh, I am always talking about the weather... I am so lame!) But besides the cold, we are doing really well. Like I said, the work is picking up a lot in this area now and so we are SO grateful for that. I love having appointments to go to and feeling as that we are able to help people. Having busy days just makes the work so great!
We had a couple of cool miracles this week that have been so wonderful. First, we had a former investigator show up at church. She had never been taught by us but we had tried to go look her up right when Hna. Anderson got here. She was really cool but super busy so we never had the chance to teach her. The last couple of weeks, every time we would pass by her apartment, Hna. Anderson and I would mention her and always just have her on our minds. So then on Sunday, she showed up to church with a member. It was so cool! We have an appointment with her on Saturday. She stayed for all three hours and was participating in class! We are excited to see how that works out.
We continue to teach Cesar and he is progressing just wonderfully towards baptism. It has been soo cool to see him willing accept the commandments and follow them even if they are hard for him. Our last appointment he prayed and it was such a great prayer. I just love hearing people pour out their souls to their Heavenly Father. It is such a sweet experience.
In our district meetings we are reviewing the new lessons that they will be teaching in the MTC. They are AWESOME! Every time we have them I get some new insight on how I can help specific investigators, I love it! Elder Torres is our district leader and he does such a good job. We just love these meetings.
So here is a fun story: The other day a less active member asked us to come over to help move some stuff in her apartment. We showed up and she said that we weren't strong enough so we needed to call the elders and have them help. So we call them, wait for like 45 minutes and then she has them move like three super small boxes (we could have moved them just fine) It was pretty funny. Then she had each of us missionaries pray... but pray for something different. Hna. Anderson and Elder Martin and I could just NOT hold it in... it was so funny! We were all laughing so hard, but so was our member. Now retelling this story, it's really not that funny, but it was really funny in the moment. Wow, I am no longer funny. Ha... sorry guys!
I hope everyone has a wonderful week! Remember the help the missionaries in your area and share that testimony you have. I know this is Gods work here on the earth! I love it with all my heart!
Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: