In the beautiful Central Park

Friday, January 21, 2011

Stardate: 32.817

Well, so let me tell you that I asked the Elders for a creative subject and this was the most creative... thanks Elder Sather. I guess it's from Star Trek.... anyway, moving on....
This week has just been great! We have felt 1000% better so I feel great about that and we were able to have so much success this last week! I was talking to my District Leader the week before and he said, "Don't worry Sis. Passantino, whenever we have bad weeks, it's because good weeks are coming." Boy was he right! This week has just been wonderful! So for the highlights of the week:
First of all, on Thursday we met with a lady we tracted into named Daisy. We had tracted into her about a week before and she told us to come back. We did and he had SUCH a good first lesson with her. She knows a couple people who are members of the church and she wants to know what it is all about. She had seen some advertisements on the TV for the youth of the church and she knew that it must be good because we want to help the youth so much. She is so great! The spirit was so strong and she is ready and willing to do what she needs to do to receive and answer to her prayers. I love lessons like that. They just pump you up for the rest of the week. She is so great and I am so excited to see her progress. The Lord really does lead us to the prepared people, we just have to find them and follow the spirit. As long as we are working hard we will see miracles. Man, she is so cool. She even committed to reading the Book of Mormon for one hour every day (a goal she set for herself). I am just so excited!
Then on Sunday, I got a call for a missionary in the Bronx. He said he had a referral for us and gave us the information. It was for a guy that had come to church in the Bronx a couple times but lives in our area. On Sunday one of our appointments canceled on us so we went by his house. He is so cool and really prepared. He accepted a baptismal date for Feb 12. His name is Cesar and he is just so cool. We have taught him a couple times since then and he has loved it! I just love when people know that it is true and can feel of the spirit in their houses. Oh man, we are so excited about it!
On Friday we got invited to go to Mission Counsel in Sacrsdale. It is usually for the Zone leaders and District Leaders but for some reason a couple of sisters were invited to go! It was great. As usual, I love being in meetings like that with President Smith. I know he leads this mission under the direction of our Heavenly Father. It was a great surprise to go. We found out the morning of the meeting so we traveled to Scarsdale that day and had a great time. The spirit was strong and it was great to be motivated to get out there and keep going! Plus I got to see some of my favorite missionaries which was wonderful! I loved it!
Hna. Anderson and I have been having a blast together. The other day while tracting we did a slow motion fight in the hallway. We thought it was so funny! We also do the hoicks pocus witch walk while walking down the street... don't worry, it's while no one is watching. Then one morning we were standing in front of the mirror getting ready and at the same time did the same dance move to the EFY song... so funny! We just get along so well. I have been best friends with every companion I have had. I feel so blessed!
Well, I love you all so much! Thanks for all the love that I get from you all, especially the ones that write me faithfully :) Have an amazing week!
Con amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: