In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

18 months!

Yes, it's true, tomorrow I will hit my 18 month mark! Does that mean I am done being a missionary? Haha, NO WAY! Us Spanish sisters here in New York go for almost 19 months... does that mean we are more hard core? I think so! Just kidding... :)

This last week has been an adventure as always. We are still continuing to work hard and find those people who are searching for the gospel. We are having a lot of success as we follow the spirit in our finding efforts. The work always goes forward. I have really been enjoying seeing little miracles every day. Last Sunday we were for sure that one of our investigators was going to come to church. We saw her the day before and we were so excited about it. Turns out, she didn't show up... BUT another one of our investigators did! It was so exciting! Getting people to church in this area has been rough so I just jumped for joy last Sunday. Just a little tender mercy.

I don't have a lot to update on just because the work keeps going forward and nothing new has changed. I got to have an interview with President yesterday which was wonderful as always. I love that man. He is just so ready and willing to help with everything. This cycle has probably been one of the most challenging on my mission but I have also learned the most so I am happy about that.

I hope all is well! I heard that the weather has been a bit crazy lately. It sure has here as well! I just want it to be warm again! It seems the rain doesn't want to stop. Hopefully the saying is true about April showers bringing May flowers! I also hope that everyone has a wonderful Easter. I love this time of year! It make me think even more in our Savior and all that he went through for us. I know He lives!!!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

1 comment:

chicogrl said...

Hi Melissa! I was thinking about you the other day, hope all is well and you are enjoying your last few weeks of the mission!