In the beautiful Central Park

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hello Humidity!

Well, I can tell that spring time is here as my hair has decided to poof every day now, it's just so humid. I forgot what it is like till just now. Ha ha! But the last couple of days have been so nice and I have been LOVING it! I love seeing all the blossoms and having the sun out! Yesterday we walked around South Norwalk and talked to people on the street. It made me miss the city a lot but it was just so enjoyable. I am glad that the blossoms are out and that there is some color in the world again! The rain just starts to get depressing after a while.

This week was a good one. All three of us have been really sick so on Saturday we were inside ALL day which was just awful! At least we all got hit at the same time and we are doing better now. That night the assistants asked us to sing at mission conference that coming Monday. HAHAHAHA! We just laughed when we found out and then agreed. You can imagine how fun it was to practice for that as we all were blowing our noses and trying to sing with congestion filling us up... not the best of times. But the song turned out ok and we made it through. Thank goodness Hna. Vander Does has such an amazing voice, she carried us through!

Easter was great. It is always so nice to be able to reflect a little more on the Savior and what he did for us. We also got to sing in Sacrament Meeting which was, again, very interesting. The elders sang with us so I think it turned out pretty good. We ate dinner at a couple different houses and enjoyed our time with some members. I think next Easter will be weird without eating some sort of Spanish food for dinner!

So I had my final mission conference on Monday. It was a little weird, just feeling like I was one of "the old ones". We talked about the doctrine of finding people. It was really interesting and reminded me once again of how much people are searching for the gospel in their lives. President Smith reminded us that everyone knew the plan, everyone that is here accepted that, we need to go out and help them remember. It has put a different spirit into the way I look at people throughout my whole mission, it was great to be reminded of it again! I was also given the chance to bear my testimony at mission conference (along with all the other missionaries going home) It was interesting to reflect and bear testimony. I realize that my testimony hasn't changed at all, it has just grown stronger. My goals have become more specific and I have learned even more how the Lord guides me in all I do! What a great time!

Today is my last normal P-day. Next week we are going to the temple (all the missionaries going home) so today we are going to the beach to play some volleyball. I am very excited! I hope all is well in your part of the world! I love you all!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: