In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Love Conference!

Hello to all! How is everyone doing? Things here in good ol' CT are going well. It has been a great week, a different week, but a great week. The week after transfers is always something to get adjusted to.. just because there is so much change involved. But we are doing well. The adjustment from two people to three people has been an interesting one for all of us but we are working together and bonding well. We are kind of working on phasing me out of being the one in charge, just so that when I leave, they will realize that they don't need me at all. It will be interesting.

My birthday was wonderful. It started out with my companions decorating my apartment while I was in the shower, that was fun. Then we went to an english members house to watch the first session of conference. The whole district was there and it was really cool. Then the family brought out this huge chocolate cake and sang to me. I felt so special, I had never even met these people before. It always amazes me how christlike people are! We ran over to a members house before the second session of conference and ate there and then enjoyed the second session. It was a great day. On sunday a member brought me a homemade cheesecake and on Monday we had FHE with a member family and they bought me this HUGE tres leches cake (my favorite). I am stuffed full of cake! But it was wonderful. I felt so much love. Thanks to all of you for my birthday wishes. I feel like an old fart but that's ok!

So, wasn't conference amazing? I feel bad for all of you because I am pretty sure the conference was directed toward Melissa Passantino. Ha ha, just kidding, but really! I loved how many of my concerns and questions were answered during conference. What a blessing it is to hear from the Lords servents and recieve personal revelation. Just to comment on a couple of my favorites: Richard G. Scott was of course amazing. All of us sister missionaries just had huge smiles on our faces the whole time and just loved it. I think it was for sure my favorite. I also loved Lynn G. Robbins talk on being and doing. It was so great! Then of course Elder Bednar, a lot of what he talked about reminded me of what he talked about when we came to speak to us as a mission. Every talk was just so amazing. I was able to set some good goals while I was watching, especially about my future. I think the main thing on my mind is how I want more than ever to have a strong family, in a home where the gospel is taught and lived and where the spirit can be. It seems sometimes that this world is getting scarier to live in which makes it even more important for us to carry the light of Christ with us always.

I hope all are doing well. Have an amazing week. I know I will!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: