In the beautiful Central Park

Monday, December 21, 2009

Adios CCM!

So to explain the subject, CCM is MTC in Spanish. That's right, I am leaving tomorrow. I can not even believe this time has come. I'm pretty sure every emotion is running through me right about now. I am way excited, scared, nervous, happy... EVERYTHING! I don't feel very prepared when it comes to Spanish but I can bear my testimony so hopefully that will work for now. I know my last weeks e-mail wasn't too full of stuff because I didn't have much time, sorry about that. As far as my leg goes, it is fine. They took an x-ray to make sure the clots weren't calcifying or whatever and he said they were ok, he saw something in the xray but said it wasn't a problem. I am just taking some blood thinners and have to massage my leg out every night but I will be just fine. It doesn't even hurt that bad anymore. As far as the fire alarm goes... well, it is a loooonnnggg story but to make it short, the alarm goes off at like 12:00 am, I jumped out of bed and started yelling at someone to turn it off... I was like pacing the room all mad that the alarm was going off. Who even knows why, then my roommate starts hitting the smoke detector and it took us about 3 min to realize it was coming from a big red box, not the smoke detector. So another roommates was like, I SMELL SMOKE. We all kind freaked out at this point, I grabbed my name tag and my blue care (which gets me food and such) and we left the building and went to the gym. We were all just sitting in the gym laughing about how funny the whole situation was. Come to find out there was not fire at all, some pipe had burst. It was grand experience. Really wonderful and funny to look back on. I didn't know a fire alarm could get me so worked up. Ha ha. This week has gone by SO fast! Nothing too exciting has happened, just been working hard to get all the things done that I need to. This P-day was VERY busy. A member of our stake presidency had us write our own "Declaration of Faith" before we leave for the field. Mine kind of sums up my feelings and goals here from the MTC so I thought I would put it in this e-mail. I love you all! Thanks for the letters and I can't wait to hear from you while I'm in New York! Feliz Navidad!!!!!!

Declaration of Faith
I will cheerfully go about doing good every day of my life. As I continue to rely on the spirit, I will always follow its promptings and never have the words, "I wish I would have listened..." come to mind. I will love the people I serve and I will teach them of Jesus Christ and His sacrifice and love for each one of us. I will bear my testimony often and work on my personal testimony every day. I will live worthy of the spirit every day. I will use the atonement everyday. I will live worthy of the title: daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, friend and one day wife and mother. I will work my hardest every day because I know my family, my companion, my investigators, my mission president and most importantly my Savior are counting on me. I will learn Spanish so I can teach effectively. I will remember my Savior every day and show gratitude for all the blessings in my life. I will never forget that I am a daughter of God and that he knows me personally and will remember that who the Lord calls, He also qualifies. I will come home knowing that I did everything in my power to fulfill my purpose.

Hope you enjoyed that. I have loved my time here at the MTC! I am sad to leave but excited to go. Thanks for all of you. Have a wonderful Christmas and never forget the reason we celebrate this wonderful time!
Love, Hermana Passantino
PS: Sis Uchtdorf spoke in Relief Society! It was awesome!
PPS: Rhandi and Rochelle, thanks you SO much for my Christmas packages! You rock!!! I will send you a letter from the plane. Love you!

No comments: