In the beautiful Central Park

Monday, March 22, 2010

Another 6 weeks in the BX!

Well, transfers have passed and here I am still in the Bronx with Sister Walker. I am so happy. Our way of working here is going to be a bit different now because so many people have gotten baptized. It's crazy! Speaking of our baptisms... they went AWESOME! Maribel's was so good and she is on fire. She has already started her family history and is going to the temple soon. So here is a crazy story, the Thursday before she was supposed to get baptized her boyfriend, Gabriel, who is the one who introduced her to the church, had to go to the hospital because he had an infection in his spine. Luckily he is getting it taken care of but we weren't sure if she wanted to get baptized without him. She said, "I'm not doing if for him!" and so everything went through as planned, but it was sad that he wasn't there. We got permission to go to Manhattan and visit him and that was really cool. He is doing a lot better. So then, we had Soledad interviewed by President Darger and she got baptized on Sunday! It was so cool to see her come out of the water. Man, the Lord has blessed his people so much! I love it!

Last P-day we went to the Zoo! It was pretty fun with some actually good animals. We were right next to the "Real Little Italy" and so we had some yummy Italian food! Then that night, we were in a part of our area that has a lot of Italians and we stopped in a bakery and we got free cannollis! They were SO good! I loved that place already...

We don't have a lot of news this last week. The weather is getting nicer which is great because all weekend we were soaking wet! We are preparing for the ward talent show and all of us missionaries are doing a dance with the youth. I will try to record it so you can get a copy!

My thoughts have been so much on Joseph Smith lately and the early members of the church. I am so grateful for their sacrifices so I could be here now. How amazing this gospel is. Every time I teach it it just makes more sense. I love it! I am so happy to be here.

I love you all! Thanks for your love and support! Hey fam, thanks for the dearelder birthday package! I was just done with my V-day candy and now I have more! Ha ha! LOVE YOU ALL!

Love, Hermana Passantino

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That was very clever...thanking your family for your birthday package...a good reminder to the rest of us not to forget your birthday next month. :) Very handy that they sent it EARLY.