In the beautiful Central Park

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Heart Cupcakes!

Hello, Hola, Bonjour- Yeah, that's about all I can say in different languages. Ha ha. Yet another week has passed me by in the Bronx. Time really is flying. Today is my 6 month mark on my mission. Can you even believe it? Sometimes when I think about when I first got here it seems a million years away. So crazy! This last week has been what Sister Walker and I like to call "a real missionary week". We did A LOT of walking around and had A LOT of appointments fall through which is so frustrating. Sometimes we just wonder what we are doing wrong but it's ok. This week has started out good and hopefully will continue to do so. Last P-day was so fun! We very much enjoyed the Yankee Game even though they lost! A-Rod did NOTHING and that was very sad. We sat in the bleachers which was interesting... the elders got hassled a lot but it's ok. We enjoyed ourselves. I'll try to send some pictures soon. That night as we were going out to work at 6pm we walk by the church and President Smith is there, he invited us to dinner. So we got to go out to dinner with President and Sister Smith and everyone else in our district. It was really fun!

Everyone here in the Bronx is doing great. So far, everyone that I've seen baptized is still active and most of them hold callings. It makes me so happy! I love seeing the Lord bless them. Antonio was supposed to get baptized on Saturday but we have some things we need to work on with him. It's been on our minds a lot and we've been praying so hard to know how to help him. Last night we had an awesome lesson and we feel that as long as he is faithful he will be blessed! He should be getting baptized in the next couple of weeks.

Speaking of next couple of weeks, next week is yet another transfer! We had interviews and we're not sure if either of us are leaving or not. They really want to keep people in their areas for a long time so I guess we'll see. If Sister Walker and I stay together for one more cycle we will have been together for 1/3 of our missions. I would be ok with that!

Today was a wonderful P-day because we got to go to the temple! I love being there and getting spiritually recharged. We then went on a "Bakery Tour" and went to three different famous bakeries in Manhattan. It was a BLAST and I am pretty sure I will gain 50 pounds from all the sweets I bought. Don't worry Mom and Dad, we will be doing the same bakery tour when you come :)

I have been loving reading the Book of Mormon again with the mission. I have learned so much and can really feel of the spirit of those sacred scriptures. I am so grateful we have those! I have also been reading "Our Search For Happiness" by Elder M. Russell Ballard and there is a quote I really like, "The best thing about living a Christ centered life; however, is how it makes you feel. It's hard to have a negative attitude about things if and when your life is focused on the Prince of Peace. There will still be problems. Everyone has them. But faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is a power to be reckoned with in the universe and in individual lives"

This gospel is such a blessing to us all! I am so grateful for it in my life. Thank you for all the examples of faith and diligence I have had. I hope everyone has a wonderful week. I can't wait to hear from you all!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

PS: GO LAKERS!!! People in the ward and trying to keep me updated :)

No comments: