In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Root Root Root for the Home Team!!"

Yes, I will be rooting for the home team today because I am going to the YANKEES GAME! I am SO excited! It is their second home game (yesterday was the first) and we got some pretty cheap tickets. I am sure it's going to be about 20 dollars for a hot dog but I am still way pumped. You don't get to go to a Yankees game very often. Everyone here are such HUGE fans and they are all so excited for us missionaries to go!

This week has been a good one of course. We have been able to have a wonderful week full of blessings from our Heavenly Father. Luz was baptized on Sunday and it was awesome (Pictures were sent today). She is so funny and it was once again so cool to see someone enter into the waters of baptism. Soledad's (luz's mom who was baptized a couple weeks ago) boyfriend was also baptized and they will be getting married next month. So cool! I love it all!

Mission conference was amazing. I love getting together with the other missionaries and feeling of the spirit there. We went over a lot of the things that we did at the special mission counsel I got to go to but it was still so cool. I learned new things that will once again help me so much in my missionary work. It was fun because we did some role plays with other missionaries. Sister Baxter and I did one together in Spanish. Afterwords we looked at each other and were thinking about how this time last year we would have never thought we would be sitting in a chapel in New York speaking Spanish to each other. Isn't it funny how the Lord puts us where we need to be, usually it is not where we would have guessed but it is always where we need to be. I am hoping next transfer she gets transferred here to the Bronx and we will have a chance to be companions. I just love her!

Not a whole lot to update on this week. We have just been keeping busy. Last week was weird because P-day was changed but it's cool. We are loving our new apartment and I still LOVE the sisters I live with. They are amazing. We wake up every morning and play Frisbee or basketball. It is nice to get outside to get some exercise. Sadly my basketball skills are going down the drain again but it's ok. Sister Wadsworth and I painted our nails Lakers colors in honor of the playoffs starting. I hope someone keeps me updated!

Well, I am loving being a missionary. What a blessing it is. I love serving the Lord and getting to know so many people here. I love this gospel and the joy and hope that it brings into our lives. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and for his sacrifice for us. The Plan of Salvation is so real and perfect! I LOVE IT! I love you all! Thanks for all you do!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino
PS: I sent lots of pictures today :)

No comments: