In the beautiful Central Park

Friday, April 9, 2010

Skirts + Knee Highs + Wind= Bad Idea

Hello Hello Hello!
What an AMAZING week it has been. I can even begin to explain what a fantastic week I have had. I guess I will start going through the days because really it was just a great week. So Thursday I had my first coco helado (coconut ice cream). They sell them all over the streets here and it is AWESOME! Oh man, it was so good and well, I just loved it. If I could live off of it I totally would. But anywho.... Firday was my birthday and I am pretty sure that it is one of the best birthdays I have ever had. I felt so loved! I got a jabawockez (however you spell it) shirt from Elder Hellberg. And Elder Jessen gave me a shirt that says "I Heart 'I heart shirts'" It is so funny and I love both of them! The sisters all got me something fun and it was awesome. We went to the Lopez Families house for lunch and it was wonderful. They are so sweet. Then we had a Zone Blitz. Pretty much everyone in our Zone went to a street corner and walked around contacting people, singing, and handing out different things. It was SO much fun. I haven't done anything like that before and I was able to do a lot of contacts in Spanish. I even got some potentials so it was awesome! We went to one of our investigators house after and when we got to the door she was like, "Hold on, I'm changing a diaper" so we waited a bit and when she opened the door she had this big cake with candles for me. It was SO nice and yummy too! We also had a couple really good lessons! Our recent convert Marlon came with us and got me a present too. Everyone is so generous and kind. It is cool because I have my real family, my mission family (like the other missionaries), my member family and my investigator family. That night I got a whole bunch of mail and packages and I was just overwhelmed with love. It was so nice. Thank you to all!

So then we had conference weekend! Who doesn't love conference???? Man, it was so uplifting and insightful. I loved how the theme really was strengthening families. I am so grateful for my family and the way I was raised. I love how the Prophet and Apostles are inspired to teach us what they are! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a Prophet of God! I am so grateful that we have a Prophet today!

Easter was so fun as well. We woke up and put together Easter baskets for the elders. We put pictures of Christ in them and then delivered them while wearing the bunny ears that mom sent! They got a kick out of it when they saw all four of us sisters standing there with an Easter basket for them, it was a blast! The Whilites made all of us a wonderful Easter breakfast and they even had an Easter egg hunt! It was fantastic. Conference was of course amazing, (I think my favorite talk was Elder oh man, now I forget who it was, he talked about the youth... it was so good. I will write more about conference next week) My Easter dinner consisted of some strawberries and I made some deviled eggs. Ha ha, I had to get something eastery in there. Amazing.

So, then yesterday, the reason P-day was changed was because there was a special mission counsel because the head of the missionary department was visiting and so they had a special meeting. This meeting is for Zone leaders and District leaders but guess what? Sister Walker and I were invited to go! It was so cool! We got to sit in on this like 5 hour meeting with Bro. Allen, the head of the missionary department. I learned so much and felt the spirit so strong. What I learned will change the way I do missionary work and I am so excited about it. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it was. I feel so blessed to have been invited to this special meeting. I am going to type up my notes and send it to friends on a mission because it was "mission changing!" I got to eat lunch with Brother Allen and talked to him about Brian turning in his papers. He assured me that just because of conference, the process isn't slowed down... I put in a shot out for ya B so hopefully Spanish speaking here you come! Ha ha

The spirit is so strong among missionaries. I am so grateful to be a part of this wonderful work. We are once again seeing the work pick up here in the Bronx. We have Luz who is getting baptized this Sunday and Antonio, a cousin of our member getting baptized on the 25th. We also have a lady Naty, who we are praying for a miracle because she has a date for the 9th of May. So many things happening here! Oh we also found Peter Pan and the lost boys, they are from Guatemala, who knew? More about them later. They will be baptized to!

Oh I almost forgot! Today we got to go to the temple with Maribel! IT WAS THE MOST WONDERFUL THING EVER! I can't even begin to explain the joy I felt to see her in the temple. She is so rock solid and I'll be here when she goes through in a year which I am SO pumped about. Wow, I love this work!

I love you all so much! Thanks for loving me! I can't wait to hear from you all!!!

Lover, Hermana Passantino

PS: The weather has been SO nice but the humidity does NOT agree with my hair.
PPS: Don't let crazy Dominican ladies you teach cut your hair... I made that mistake ;) Woops.

No comments: