In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Time for Change

Well, it has happened, they have taken my "momma" away from me. Ha ha! In the mission, your trainer (for a sister) is your mom. Sister Walker got transferred. I know that it was time for change but last night was hard for me. Taking over an area scares me because everyone loved Sister Walker so much. Yesterday was a day of a lot of goodbyes and it was so sad but we made it through. Sister Walker will be very missed.

Last night as we were trying to get everything ready for Sister Walker to leave (we also had to switch rooms because the English sisters we live with are now in a trio) we got a call from Marlon's mom. Marlon is our 14 year old recent convert and he is like a little brother. We love him so much. His mom called around 11:30 telling us that Marlon was missing. It tore us up inside. It was so hard to just sit there not being able to do anything. I prayed so hard to make sure he was ok. He is a great kid and doesn't just not come home. I felt so helpless but I was reassured that our Heavenly Father would make sure everything was ok. We talked to his mom this morning and he is back safe. We didn't really get the story as to where he was but everything is ok now. I am so happy. Needless to say, Sister Walker and I have had no sleep the last couple of nights, not the best for missionary work!

I am so excited about my new companion. Her name is Hermana Child and she is from Utah. I have met her a couple different times and we just really got a long. We were hoping one day we would be companions and WE ARE! I am so excited to work with her. She is so sweet and fun! We are going to have a blast. I am still SO nervous about being in charge of this area but it will be fine. Good thing this is Heavenly Fathers work and not mine!

I am trying to think of what to talk about because this last week has kind of been a blur and I am just so tired! Oh, we met the coolest guy, Fermin. He is from Peru and he is so interested in the church! We went to his house and he made us a full meal and then he had so many questions we taught the first two lessons. He is so cool and I am excited to continue teaching him.

Antonio still has some things we need to work out but he is going to be baptized, I just know it. We have a lot of things to look forward to in these next 6 weeks. I'm excited, nervous and everything in between.

I love you all and hope you are doing well! Write soon!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: