In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Bronx and I have another round!

Well, transfers were today and I am staying in the Bronx! I'm actually really happy about it. This will be my 5th cycle here and it's been good. Last cycle we had 3 baptisms and we are hoping for 2 more this cycle. The Bronx really is a magical place! It is so blessed. I think a lot of it has to do with the ward and how good they are with missionary work. If the ward is prepared to receive new members they will for sure be blessed with it! Luckily our ward here is amazing!

Sister Child and I have had a good week. Our stake here is starting an English class program that the missionaries teach and so that started last Thursday. It was a blast! I felt like I was back in a classroom setting and it was so fun to teach! I feel bad that people have to try to learn from my broken Spanish but I know that we can use the spirit even in teaching English so that works great! The Spirit is the BEST teacher. It's the only way to teach as a missionary.

China was baptized on Saturday and it was wonderful. She is so cute and already such a strong member of the church. She is solid in all she does and is willing to do anything she can to continue forward. One of my recent converts, Santos, went to the temple for the first time last night too! I love seeing people continue to do all they can. Sis. Walker is teaching Marible's mom now too which is AMAZING! Oh missionary work, there are just so many miracles!

This week has been an interesting on as far as random things go. Of course, the heat has really gotten to us. Sister Child and I moved our beds into the living room because we just can not sleep in our room anymore. That's been a fun time, let me tell ya. But today and tomorrow are rainy and cold. New York weather is just sooo odd! We have been out of hot water for the last week and a half so that has also been interesting. Freezing cold showers really does wake you up in the morning. Ha ha. Oh the life of a missionary is always just so interesting.

I've been thinking about how one reason I am on a mission is to learn how to deal with change. I am not good at change, especially after I get used to something. Transfers are always a hard change for me and I haven't even been transferred! We had three elders leave from our district this time and it's weird. Two of them I've been with the whole time in my mission and it's just going to be different. You learn so much from people and then you get thrown into something new that you have to learn to work with. It's hard but what an opportunity to grow and become better! There are always new people to learn from and new friends to make. I am so grateful for all the people that have influenced me so far. Sister Wadsworth left to go home today and I just cried. She has been an amazing example and friend. I am grateful for change though because I learn something new.

I hope everyone is doing good! I would love to hear from you! Love you all!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: