In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Fireflies!

Hola! How is everyone doing this week? It has been a good week for Sis. Child and I! As you can tell by my subject line, the fireflies are out and it just makes me so happy. It reminds me of being a little girl and catching them in PA! I had to catch one just for memories sake and then I realized I just really don't like bugs crawling on me... ha ha.

Monday we had mission conference and it was of course amazing. We talked a lot about the spirit and how important it is to ALWAYS have the spirit with us as missionaries. It made me really grateful for the experiences I had before the mission to understand how I listen to the spirit, it has helped me so much on the mission. One thing I realize is that really, we will have the spirit with us as much as we desire it. If it is a true desire, we will do all we can to have it. It is something you ALWAYS work for. I love mission conference! I love our Mission President and his Wife. We get to have a big mission summer party in a couple of weeks! It is going to be so fun to see everyone!

China and Ramon got married yesterday! She looked so pretty and it was a nice ceremony. I love them, they are so fun! Today we were able to go to the temple with China while she did baptisms for the dead for the first time. It was amazing. I just know I will be there when they get sealed one day. I have had so many sweet experiences on my mission already, I feel so grateful that I get to be here!

Fermin is getting baptized on Saturday and we are so excited! He is hilarious and I hope you get to meet him one day. He just cracks us up all the time and has the funniest laugh. He'll probably be moving back to Peru to be with his son though. Maybe we can do a family trip to Peru one day... that would be SO cool! Time for everyone to learn Spanish :)

So, we found out we are moving AGAIN! I know... so annoying. Sister Child and I moved our beds into the living room because our room was too hot but the mission wants us to live somewhere where we can have a window AC. So we'll be in the same complex, just in different building. So, make sure to take my address off the blog and just have people send stuff to the mission home until I get my new one. We won't have missionaries there so if you send it to the old one and we already moved, it will probably be lost forever! Ha ha... I'll be moving on the 3rd of July, so you can send stuff until like the end of June or so!

Well, I hope everyone is doing fantastic! I miss you all so much. Summer times makes me very homesick because I just love the summer but it also makes missionary work so fun! I love it! The Bronx is starting to feel like home. Ha ha! I love you all, I hope you are doing fantastic! Write soon!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

PS: We have had many encounters with that man who was passed out on pigeon row... He is always hanging around. Yesterday he was with a little midget Spanish man who was doing back-flips in the street. Oh man, I love this place!

No comments: