In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Oh Pigeon Row... What an Adventure

Hello to all! Things are going well here in the Bronx. I can't believe I am still here but I am very happy about it. I wouldn't even mind staying another cycle. On Monday we had a meeting with President and he said we might as well just change my middle name to "Olmstead" (The name of our Zone) We all had a good laugh. Sister Child and I continue to do wonderful! We are finding and working and teaching... all the good things as a missionary :) I was so excited! Yesterday Fermin accepted a baptismal date for two weeks and he is getting baptized! Woo Hoo!!!! He is so funny and we have been working with him since Sister Child got here so it's time. This will be the first baptism I've seen from a street contact. Sister Walker and I contacted him on the street right before Sister Walker left. It just goes to show that contacting works... I have been doing a lot better with it so I am happy about that. It is still strange just walking up to random people but it gets easier as you do it all the time.

So Pigeon Row has another interesting story. We were walking down going home for lunch and we pretty much tripped over this guy who was passed out awkwardly on the steps... kinda strange. We stared at him for a minute trying to see if he was breathing and he was... but then an ambulance came and turns out he was passed out from a drug overdose... gotta love the Bronx and all the interesting things we see here. We now can not contact guys our age... it's just really awkward to try to talk about the gospel while someone is talking to you about how pretty your eyes are. Ha ha... once again, gotta love the Bronx.

Not much more to update on from the last week. We just work hard every day and see miracles all the time. I've been studying the Book of Mormon so much lately and I just love it! I am in the "war chapters" in Alma and I am LOVING them. I have learned SO much and it just makes my day so much better. I get so excited to read the Book of Mormon every morning, sometimes my whole personal study gets used just reading and studying it. What a wonderful blessing it is on our lives. I hope everyone is taking advantage of the blessings and gospel knowledge that can come from it.

I love you all, Happy Fathers Day to my daddy and all the Fathers in my family! Have a wonderful week!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: