In the beautiful Central Park

Thursday, July 15, 2010

China Town and Little Italy

Hello!

Sorry I didn't email yesterday! We had a very busy P-Day and as we were on the way home the train got stopped FOREVER because they were doing some police investigation in a station and all the trains were stopped. Annoying right? But that is ok, we made it in time for our appointment, just not time to email. So we are taking our lunch break to get our email in.

Yesterday for P-day we had the chance to go to the Temple which was amazing of course. It was VERY full of people but it was wonderful. I feel so close to my Heavenly Father while I am in the temple and I just feel "at home" it truely is the House of the Lord. I am so grateful we get to go every three months here. We got permission to go to China Town yesterday too. Usually it is really hard to get permission to go there but it was Elder Bayards last P-day before he goes home so we got to go there and boy was it interesting. There were shady people every where trying to sell us stuff. It was funny. LIttle Italy was right next to it so we ran over there just to say I was there. Hopefully some other time on my mission I'll be able to go and spend some time in Little Italy. It was a fun P-day, but I was so tired by the end. We saw SO many members of the church there, all on vacation. It was so funny to have people so happy to see us, that usually doesn't happen. Ha ha.

This week has been a good one. We had interviews with President and they went really well. I love President Smith and we can always feel of his love for us. He told me he wasn't inclined to move me from the Bronx but I guess we'll see. There will probably be some big changes so yeah... I want to stay one more cycle here. I love it and I love SIs. Child. I do know I need to go soon though. There is so much more I need to learn while I am on my mission and I know that I will learn them in other places.

I went on a split with Sister Adjei last week and we went and taugh this big dominican family. I taught the whole lesson by myself in spanish and was even able to translate Sis. Adjei's testimony. It just showed me that the Lord will always help us when we need it. The interesting thing is that I could understand everything they were saying during the lesson but after we were done and the Dad was talking about random things, I was having a harder time understanding what he was saying, interesting don't ya think?

Spanish is coming little by little. It still stresses me out but I am finally feeling like I can start to joke around in spanish and not just sit there like a bump on a log. We all know how much I like to joke around so yeah, we shall see!

I had the chance to give a training at District Meeting on Monday and it was a great learning experience for me. I taught on drawing upon the powers of heaven. I learned so much. I loved that topic. We really all can have extra heavenly help in our lives if we truely desire it!

Ozzy, our little miracle is still progressing to baptism. His date is for right after transfers so hopefully I'll get to see it. He is such a funny guy. The other day I called to check up on him and he asked if we were allowed to go on a date with him. Oh great... so now we are going to have the elders teach him for a little bit... just to make sure his desires are true. I believe they are, he just enjoys our company too. Ha ha. Oh goodness, being a Sister missionary is so fun!

Tonight we are singing at a funeral for one of our members friends, it is a non member funeral but it should go well. We have to sing three different musical numbers. We are teaching this lady's step daughter who I just love. Her name is Ceyln and she has been waiting to be baptized but just has some things we have to work with first.

Jefany (friend of our Bishops daughter) is going to Girls Camp this week with the YW and I am so excited! She is a great girl and if their girls camp is anything like ours was, she will gain a testiomny and feel the spirit like never before there. She is a great girl and I would love to see her be baptized soon!

Well, I love you all so much! Next week I'll be able to tell you if I am going or staying, we'll see if the Lord wants me here for half my mission. Have fun and don't forget to read your scriptures :)

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: