In the beautiful Central Park

Monday, July 5, 2010

I am coming closer to being a New Yorker....

Well, I will have you all know that with every day I am becoming more and more like a New Yorker. Last wednesday I got to run through a Fire Hydrant! All the kids do it here in the streets and it looks like so much fun. I have always wanted to run through one. As we were walking home at night we ran into some members and I said, " Hey, if you run through I will too..." and we did. It felt so good because it was so blasted hot outside! A perfect ending to the day... ha ha, picture to come soon!

This week has been a good one. We still have been working hard and having fun while we do it. Fermin was baptized on Saturday and confirmed and recieved the priesthood on Sunday. He is so funny and when we came out of the water he said, "WOW...FRIO!" It was so funny. We all laughed.

The weather in NY is SO strange. On Thursday we were at the church for Fermins baptismal interview and I'm pretty sure a mini hurricane hit NY. It was crazy. You couldn't see across the street and trees were falling over and stuff. It lasted about 4 minutes then the sun came out... what in the world??? So strange this place...

We had a fun miracle on Friday with finding someone new to teach. We just happened to be in the right place at the right time and we found this guy named Ozzy. He said he had been looking for a sign from God and had been praying all day that he would find it and when he saw us, he knew we were the answer. I love the way that Heavenly Father works. He really does lead this work!!

So, we still don't know the address of where we'll be moving so keep thost letters coming to the mission office, I get them once a week anyway. We have a ward 4th of July party on Saturday and then on the 4th of July we have to be in by six. The other sisters and are going to have a party in our apartment, I mean, it is my favorite holiday. I already have my toes in Red WHite and Blue.

Well, not much else to report. I thank you all for your love and support. I miss you all so much but I am so lucky I get to be here. What a blessing it is. Something that helps me get through the hard times is to just think of all the blessings heavenly father has given me. I can't help but smile. I love you all! Have a wonderful week and God Bless America :)

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: