In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day!

Hello to all!
Today is a nice sunny day, much different than the last couple days, it has been raining non-stop. That is always fun as a missionary in the city because we just get to walk around in the rain... woo hoo! Ha ha, but don't worry, I have a good umbrella (and it's cute too!)
This last week has been a tough one. If I could describe it in one word.... frustration. This has been one of the hardest weeks of my mission as far as the work goes. Missionary work is so interesting, you put your whole heart into it and it takes all your energy to try and help these people progress and gain those blessings that Heavenly Father has just WAITING for them. But everyone has their free agency and needs to decide for themselves what to do. I am not going to go into details of what happened this week because they are not important but we'll just say, Mildred didn't get baptized. Her baptism was canceled 3 hours before it was supposed to happen. Her interview was a struggle as well last Wednesday night. It was raining that night and Sis. McMillan and I had no umbrellas with us. So after we dropped Mildred off we sat on a bench (while it was pouring rain) and just looked up at the sky. Sometimes, missionary work is hard. Ha ha. But it's ok... things will work out for the best. After we sat and stared into the dark NY sky while getting drenched we bought ice cream and cookies to make ourselves feel better. Nothing like emotional eating right? Ha ha... But everything will work out, I have faith in that. The good news is, I'm still happy and working hard! I know that the Lords hand is in everything we do here so He is in charge not me (as much as I want to be sometimes... ha ha)

Besides all of the frustrating things that have been going on (Mildred is just one of them) We have had some small miracles that are always so wonderful! We had interviews with President and that was just great. I love President Smith! He always has the right things to say! He is just wonderful and it's always a boost to have interviews. It's sad now that we only get to have them every other cycle, but always great to have them!

I also got to watch the Relief Society General Broadcast! It was amazing! It is so great to listen to a Prophet of the Lord! I loved the different talks and themes. Before the broadcast our stake had a mini conference and dinner. The conference was great and talked about Charity and the food was wonderful (You can imagine how nice it was since I am part of the New York New York stake... very ritzy) It was fun for a change since I live in the ghetto of Manhattan. But I loved it and the spirit was so strong. I am SO excited for conference this week! WOO HOO!

Well, sorry this is so short, time is running out. I am going to the Museum of Natural History today *(for the third time) so that should be fun! I love you all! Thanks for all you do! Can't wait to hear from you all!
Con amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: