In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Adios New York City... Hola Connecticut!!!

Yes it is true! I am leaving this city that I love oh so much for the last two cycles of my mission! And I am going to Connecticut! Woo hoo!!! President called yesterday and when he told me that I was going there I squealed in his hear. Ha ha... he probably thinks I was a little too crazy but that's ok. He knows my personality and he is excited for me to be there too! But let me tell you why he called, because I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMOTHER! That's right, Hna. Anderson is training and I am so excited for her. I am excited to be able to see my "mission posterity". She is going to be amazing. Inwood is a great place to be trained because it prepares you for pretty much everything (except being upstate in a car which I will be doing! WOO HOO!)

It has been just a wonderful time here in Inwood. I was thinking last night about all the people I love here and all the experiences I have had. It's funny, because Hna. Walker (my mission momma) wrote me a while ago and told me that although Inwood was a very draining area she made some of her best friends here and I feel the same way. I am relieved to be going somewhere totally new but I will miss the people here. I love it just like I love the Bronx. It's going to be a bit of a culture shock for me to be upstate and change my missionary work (it's totally different up there, like two different missions) but I am excited. I will be with Hna. Vander Dos (I think that is how you spell it) and I will be her follow up trainer (this is going to be her second cycle). I am just excited to be there. I was there for a couple days with Hna. Baxter and I fell in love with the ward and people there so I just can't wait! I am finding that change is getting easier and easier for me as my mission goes on. Everyone knows I have a hard time with change but I am learning to grow from it instead of dread it like I usually do. I'm excited to learn from a new companion and to meet new people. The good news is that there aren't very many Dominicans up there so I may actually be able to understand the Spanish they speak to me. Ha ha. I love the Dominican people so much, but even after all this time, some of them are hard to understand. Now, I just have to make sure I don't gain any weight up there since I won't be walking around as much as I do here!

Last Wednesday I got a fun surprise and Hna. Child and Hna. Adjei got to stay with us. It was so fun to be with them and catch up. I just love all the people from my mission so much! They are the best. I can't believe Hna. Child is leaving tomorrow! AHHH! I am going to miss her, why am I suddenly the oldest sister in the mission? When did that happen? AHHHHHHH!

This week has been interesting for sure. On Friday morning around 3:30 in the morning I woke up with the worst stomach pain ever. I tried to throw up but nothing would come out, it was awful! I was up since then just rolling around in pain. It lasted throughout the day but I was able to get some stuff out a couple of times. I felt so weak and just awful. Hna. Anderson took very good care of me and helped me with everything (she even cleaned the toilet after I threw up so I wouldn't have to throw up again in a gross toilet and she had a warm washcloth waiting for me when I was done because that is what my mom used to do :) The elders were our life savors and went to an appointment with Cesar for us since he was getting baptized the next day! Thank goodness for them. It was not a fun day! I ran a fever and just felt awful. I knew I had to get better because we had to do everything for the baptism the next day. I woke up the next day still not able to eat anything but Hna. Anderson got a mild version of what I had. So you can imagine how weak we were at the baptism.We did our best and it turned out great. I was so excited to see Cesar baptized! The ward has taken him under their wing and he just has so many friends already. He felt so good afterwards and is excited to get going in the church. He is a great member and I feel so blessed to have been here to see him taught and baptized... and right before I left too!

We actually have another baptism this week but sadly I will not be here for it. Elizar is so cool and he is way excited to get baptized. He was taught by other missionaries but he had to go to Mexico for a while. But now he is ready to go! He was going to be baptized last week but they had to go out of town. So Hna. Anderson has a lot on her hands this weekend but she will do great!

I am just loving my mission more and more these days. I love being here and I love serving the Lord. I am amazed by all the tender mercies we see every day! I am so grateful that I can be here. Even more grateful because Elder Bednar is coming to our mission on Feb 25th to just speak to the missionaries. I am so excited! It is going to be a great conference! Wow, I just feel so blessed. I don't know what kind of challenges and adventures await me but I am excited for all of them. I hope you all have an amazing week! Love from New York City one last time :)
Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

My New Address: 25 Maple #8
Norwalk, CT
06850

No comments: