In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Today... ICE!

As I am sure everyone has heard, there is a fun ice storm here in NY right now... it's crazy, just walking around on pure ice is always fun. Let's all pray that we don't slip and fall! So far so good, but it's always too soon to tell. An Elder in my district got stitches because he fell on Saturday, poor guy. Things are going well here! Besides the cold weather we are working hard and having fun, as usual.

Cesar continues to progress and we are so excited for him. Every time we go teach you can see his faith in Christ going more and more. He is so ready and willing to follow Christ and his example, I love it! I wish we could find more people like that. Luckily, they are out there! I have just been realizing more and more how we are simply asking people to follow Christ and his gospel. It is simple if you think about it. I love reading in the Book of Mormon and hearing about how simple the gospel of Christ is. The spirit is always so strong whenever we talk about our Savior, for He is the real reason we are out here as missionaries. I am so grateful for him and his sacrifice and the chance I have to be one of his representatives. What a blessing it is to share His gospel with others.

We had a couple of fun/ funny experiences this week. First of all, on Friday we were walking through the snow and we were crossing the street with out heads down to try to keep the snow out of our faces. As I was crossing the street this bus starts honking at us... I had no clue why but kept walking but he kept honking. Finally I looked up at him and the driving was waving us down. I stopped and he opened the doors and said, "Hey, I know you guys are far from home and I just wanted to say hello and I hope you have a good day." It for SURE brought tears to my eyes. It was one of the nicest things that someone in New York has ever done. It was so great!

So then later that day, we had a zone blitz and we were going to this place called "the Polo Grounds" it's a bunch of projects and I guess it is kind of a sketch place. Anyway, our whole zone walks out of the subway and this guy starts talking to us like he is a pirate... it was the best pirate I ever heard. He was saying things like, "Watch out your latter day land lovers, Pirate coming through!" Ok, it was the funnies thing ever! I was rolling on the ground laughing. I guess, once again, you had to be there but it was so great! Gotta love New York City!

The work continues to roll forward. I love it more and more every day! I am so happy that I am here (even in the freezing cold and while wearing a skirt) I love you all! Keep on keeping on!

Love, Hermana Passantino

No comments: