In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lots of Love=Lots of Food

Hello from good ol' Connecticut!
It's a bit chilly today but this morning my companion convinced me to go out running with her... wow do I feel out of shape! Ha ha! I seriously felt like an old woman but it was nice to get out of the house to exercise (Don't tell her I said that or she will make me do it again!)

Things here in CT continue to move forward. As before, I am still trying to get a hold of the upstate lifestyle. We have a lot of appointments with the members and they feed us such good food. They are such wonderful people and my weight is going to show for it! Ha ha! The good news is, I am writing down how to make some of my favorite things so I can try them out when I am home. It's been fun because there are so many different people from different countries so we get to try a good variety. One member joked about feeding me cow stomach. I kindly told him I had alreayd tried it and I don't really need to try it again. Ha ha! So gross!

The work is moving forward here. Hna. Vander Does and I are working hard at finding those people who are searching for the gospel. We actually had a really cool lesson with a guy named Jose that we street contacted my first week here. He was wondering why there were so many different doctrines and how we know what one is correct... PERFECT! He is cool we are excited to continue teaching him. Also, we had this random guys name on our white board with an address. We didn't know where it came from but we decided to go check it out. Turns out it was a guy from Peru who had gone to church in Peru but never here. We are also very excited to teach him. I love teaching the restoration and the plan of salvation. It just brings so much joy. The spirit is always strong and it just feels good to teach those basics. The gospel is so simple and knowing the simple truths brings so much happiness in our lives!

I hope everyone is doing well. You are all in my prayers! Have an amazing week!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino
Oh and PS; I can't remember if I put the correct address for my new address here in Norwalk- I think I put the wrong zip code but it is 25 Maple st #8, Norwalk, CT, 06850

No comments: