In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Manhattan North Zone ALWAYS REPRESENTS!

Hello from yet another BEAUTIFUL day in New York City! I am getting excited for our P-day today because we are playing a football game against the Manhattan South Zone... it is obvious we are going to win :) Ha ha... it should be fun! I really like my zone here. It is totally different than when I was in the Bronx but it is still a blast. We don't see everyone as much so when we get to get together and have fun it is always enjoyable!

It has been a good week for Sis. McMillan and I! We have been doing A LOT of tracting! We did this thing called a "Zone Blitz" in the elders area and Sis. McMillan and I felt like we should tract in their area for them. So we said a prayer and I picked a building and a floor to tract. Out of 6 doors we got into 3 of them and taught 3 lessons! Let me tell you, that never happens. It was really cool and hopefully it will help the elders out with some investigators (now if only that would happen in our area). We are kind of revamping our area right now trying to find some solid people. It has been difficult but we are working hard. It seems that with every area and every companion, you kind of have to find your nitch and figure out what you are meant to do together in that area. Sis. McMillan and I are in the process of doing that right now. So we will continue to press forward and do our best! The good news... we have a baptism this Saturday! Woo hoo! Mildred (the Mom of Marible, my recent convert in the Bronx) is getting baptized. It is so exciting! Saturday will be a great day. We also have the Relief Society broadcast which I couldn't be more excited for. Speaking of conference...

Sis. McMillan and I are doing what we like to call "Conference Prep". We are writing down a couple questions/thoughts that we would love to have answered or gain some insight on during conference. We pray about them every night and we are also going to fast about them. I am looking forward to this and encourage all of you to do it as well. I know that each speaker is inspired and called of God and that we really will get all that we need to out of conference! Hello!!! It's a living prophet for our day speaking to us, how could you not learn something from it! (Ok, sorry, I get a little excited about conference :)

So fun story of the week. We have a district lunch every Thursday after extended weekly planning. This last week we decided to have a picnic in the park by our apartment. It was so fun! We sat next to the water and just chatted but then this nasty giant goose kept coming over to us. I believe I have gotten my very strong dislike for birds from my father so I was freaking out. I made the elders chase the goose away every time it got too close. Then all these pigeons came out of no where and were like swarming us! I couldn't take it! It reminded me of one time when Brian was little and he wouldn't eat his lunch because there were pigeons everywhere and he kept saying "I feel like I am eating them!" Ha ha, I hope my fam remembers that one! Anyway, I strongly dislike birds around me while I am eating and the elders got a nice workout chasing them away for me.... they are so kind. Ha ha!

This morning I was listening to some CD's that my fam just sent me and that one EFY song came on "Shine the Light" I couldn't help but giggle as I thought of some of my favorite women doing a girls camp music video to that song :) I was just laughing the whole time! I miss you guys! That song will never be the same!

I hope everyone is doing good! I am doing great and moving right along. Sometimes I think time is going WAY too fast for me! It needs to slow down so I can get more stuff done. Thanks for all the love you send me!

Con Amor- Hermana Passantino

No comments: