In the beautiful Central Park

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sis. Passantino Sang as she walked and walked and walked....

Ha Ha, ok so my subject line is really lame but I feel like ALL we do is walk here. Our area is small so we obviously don't take a bus or anything but my feet are starting to hurt, I am almost excited to wear my ugly sister missionary shoes again so my feet don't hurt so bad. I swear everyone we teach lives on the highest floor of every building with no elevators whish makes life fun as well. Gotta love it! But it is great because I'm keeping that missionary weight off which is always a good thing :) Especially with all the spanish food we eat! I am still not used to Dominican food but I am hanging in there and eating more than I used to!

This week has been a good one. Sis. McMillian and I are working on revamping our area so we are doing a lot of tracting but we have actually had some pretty good success. We are using this video called "Finding Happiness" and it is only 5 minutes long so we have people watch it and it gets them interested, then we set a return appt. It has worked out great. We like to tract in the projects because a lot of people there are receptive (although sometimes the smells drive us out... ha ha)

I got to do a training for district meeting this monday and it went really well. I was asked to do it on Miracles which is great because I had done that once before in my old district. I studied more and gained even more insight on miracles in our lives. We really have to be prepared for them and work for them. Our faith will be tried but if we really desire a true miracle and do all we can, it will happen! It was a good training for me since as missionaries we want to see miracles every day. It was also a good reminder to look for the small miracles in our lives because there are everywhere!

Want to hear something crazy? A small box of cheese-its here are SIX dollars... I know right? What a joke. I have been wanting cheese its but I am just tooo cheap to spend that much. Oh NY, it is so expensive!

We started an English class yesterday! I "borrowed" some of the materials we used in the Bronx and started it up here. It was SO fun and I really love teaching a class. I think it's the teacher coming out in me. The other missionaries just laugh at me because I get so excited. The people here love having a free english class and work hard because they really want to learn.

Well, my time is limited so I better go! Sis. McMillian and I are going to the Bronx to visit the Botanical Gardens today so I am excited. I hope all of you are doing fantastic! Thanks for being so wonderful! The church is sooo true right? I love it!

Love, Hermana Passantino

1 comment:

Megs said...

Cheese its are delish! Miss you, and its good to read your letters on the blog!